Wednesday, December 4, 2013

blowing my own horn!


well...can you believe this

I just passed over 11 Thousand views on this blog. 
 Not making any $...nobody’s clicking on the ads...but I don’t care.  
I didn’t start the blog thinking that I’d make any money.
That’s 11,103 views since July.  No bad, huh.
Speaking of that let me just make one reference to the accomplishments of my all night national radio show...the FIRST in the country.
In the state of Florida I am going to list the stations I was heard on...all these stations at the same time.  Then you can decide if I had any impact on radio.
Here we go......
West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale...WBZT
Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater...WHZN
Orlando...WWNA
Key West/Marathon...WFFG
Vero Beach...WAXE
Melbourne/Cocoa Beach, Cape Kennedy..WMEL
Panama City....WYOO(FM)
Sarasota...WIBQ 
Naples...WNOG
Gainsville...WOKV
    and there’s probably a few I missed...sorry.
One surprising disappointment...Miami.  
They never picked me up.  Peter Bolger, my old boss from WINZ  called me one day and said “fax me an authorization letter so I can pick up your show fast!”  
I did...but he didn’t.  He never told me why. Strange are the ways in radio.
Now keep in mind I AM being heard all over the country and here is a short list of the major cities and stations:
Washington DC...WWRC, 
St. Louis...WGNU, 
Phoenix...KHEP  & KXAM & KFNX(different years) Boston...WSRO, 
Detroit...WXYT, 
Cleveland...WERE, 
San Diego...KSDO,  
Dallas...KLIF,
Seattle...KVI
New Orleans...WTIX,
Portland...KVAN,
Las Vegas...KRLV,
    and...we can’t forget...St. George, Utah...KDXU a station that booms a nighttime signal into all of Los Angeles!
     also...I was on live in Honolulu and Anchorage and our 800 call in number worked from both great cities!  That was a first for radio too.

So...things looked pretty good but Art Bell and the UFO’s were lurking.
Stay tuned.

stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment