Thursday, May 22, 2014

Putin and the Prince!


the real Meg

Bulletin......
     there may just be a Meg Ryan look alike on the local Margate Police Force.(see earlier posts)  I stopped to speak with another female Margate officer who immediatly gave me the name of the officer who resembled Meg.        Now...I have to call and finesse my way to her.  Stay tuned.

-------------------------

Oh boy...Prince Charles has stirred up a fuss by comparing puny Putin to Hitler.
Didn’t I do that about 20 posts ago...writing about Putin’s “push” on the Ukraine?
Oh...it wasn’t me it was your former Prime Minister Charlie....Winston Churchill... came in a dream.
“Beware Mr. Putin,” he said...”this is how Adolf Hitler started.”
“I warned Britain and the world time and time again but they paid no heed.”
“Mr. Putin's history is secret intelligence and... anytime one’s nation is put in the hands of that type...serious things can and do happen.”
  He went on...
“I fear the Hammer & Sickle may return! 
Be formidable...be alert! Stay alive!”

so you’re not the only one who sees a resemblance between Putin and Hitler.
Hang in there...we’re with ya over here.
and say “hi” to Kate for me!
-----------------------------
You haven’t seen me writing much about my favorite baseball team..the Miami Marlins.
Several reasons why. They aren’t doing well...and now with their hot shot young pitcher, Jose Frenandaz, out for the year...nobody is too happy.
To add to that...it seems some kind of restrictions compel Fox Sports NOT to carry a Marlins game more than just occasionally. This has happened twice the past couple of weeks.
I don’t know the whys and wherefores of these baseball contracts for broadcasting...but here’s an interesting  question:
If all the games can be carried on the radio..why can’t all the games be carried on tv?
It seems to me restrictions should apply for both...or for neither!
So we get a re-run of a stupid poker tournament that nobody watches!  This at a time when the Phillies are playing the Fish at their fancy new stadium...but it’s not on tv!
Why not???
Why don’t I just drive down and buy a ticket?  Can’t afford the gas...that’s why!
I think the price for Marlins merchandise has dropped since the Jose thing happened.  Got a nice Marlins cap at Walmart today for less than $9 bucks. They were much higher about a month ago.
AND THIS JUST IN....WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT ON TV...BUT IT WAS PROBABLY THE MOST EXCITING GAME OF THE SEASON SO FAR...A 9th INNING WALKOFF WIN!  Well....never fails, huh.  don't you love "black outs!"

my email:
stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment