Thursday, June 12, 2014

Let's BOMB the hell out of em!



LIVE FROM BAGHDAD...again?
As I watched the news about Baghdad being threatened by some of the radicals that are using religion to excuse tyranny I chuckled... wondering if CNN would be returning there to go “Live from Baghdad” again. 
Bernie Shaw could come out of retirement...and Peter Arnett (if he’s still kicking)...two guys I encountered during my news career both of whom I admired.  Another guy I didn’t admire much Ted Kopple could go riding “embedded” in one of the tanks that Obama will have to send in to “save the country” from it’s own citizens who want to chop off the heads of anyone who disagrees with them.  
     War over oil sucks...because we have enough oil under our western states that we could put the creeps in OPEC out of business in about five years.  But noooo...we can’t dig up our beautiful west!  Let our citizens continue to pay the Saudi Princes a “royal” price per gallon while our jobs don’t exist and we all go on Obama’s welfare rolls.  But don't dig and become self supporting....the environmental lobby would never allow that!
----------------------------
Old folks.  You gotta love em!
...but It’s sad.
My supermarket is a main stop for the small busses that ferry the elderly from condo to shopping each day.
When they finish buying their necessities sit on long benches to await the return of bus 1, bus 2 etc. 
This is their life now.
For the most part they sit silent...a few engage in conversation with their counterparts...but no one really seems happy.
Surprisingly..a lot of the teenagers do that to.  
After school they’ll sit in groups of two or three and joke about stuff...their cell phone always at the ready with some text message or another.  They don’t talk on them much I’ve noticed.
As I passed one teen girl all alone...she seemed unhappy which is not unusual...most of them are like their elder peers in that regard so I smiled and said “smile” which she did immediately and her whole being “lit up” just because someone had addressed her in the pleasant way....an encouraging way.  It felt good for me also to see that reaction.


my email:
stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment