Tuesday, August 5, 2014

TALK RADIO GUY & MUSIC!

Bono at Live Aid

the talk radio guy and his music...
Note: there's a song for KATE M and one for SELENA

     I’m sure if Neil Rogers were still around he would disagree...but I have great taste in music!
    Back when we were running away with top demos in EVERY category including “teens” on WINZ-AM Miami I used to play a song or two every few days and got very positive feedback from listeners on what I played.  (The engineers warned me about the “highs” of the music not making it well on the big AM signal but I did it anyway.

 Here’s a a few for you...dig these out of your archives enjoy! 

 ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS DANCE.....Eagles
 HEART OF SATURDAY NIGHT.....Tom Waits (reminds me  of my fun days in Philly! and going “down the shore.”
 THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS.....Willy Nelson
 CARELESS WHISPER.....Wham
 IS IT A CRIME.....Sade 
 AGAINST ALL ODDS.....Phil Collins
 ALL I WANT TO DO IS MAKE LOVE TO YOU....Heart
 NIGHT OWLS.....Little River Band
 CAN’T WE TRY.....Teddy Pendergrass (Philly)
 I WILL SURVIVE.....Gladys Knight & The Pips
 MY HEART & SOUL.....Michael Paulo
 HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU...Laura   Brannigan
 ONE MORE TRY.....George Michael
 IT'S A HEARTACHE....Bonnie Tyler
 I’M NOT IN LOVE.....10cc    FOR KATE!  Sorry Will.
 COLORS.....Amos Lee
 SMUGGLERS BLUES.....Glen Fry (Miami Vice)
 IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE.....Roxette (For Pretty Woman Julia Roberts)
 IN THE AIR TONIGHT.....Phil Collins
 WHERE’S THE PLAYGROUND SUSIE.....Glen Campbell
 EVE OF DESTRUCTION....Barry McGuire
 20 YEARS AGO.....Kenny Rogers
 I SAY LOVE.....Todd Thibaud (Joan of Arcadia...for AMBER)
 WALK OF LIFE.....Dire Straits
 YOU SANG TO ME.....Marc Anthony (for Meg Ryan)
 I KNOW YOU’RE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE....Moody Blues
 DRIVE.....The Cars   (SELENA!)
 SIGNS.....5 Man Electrical Band
 NO SE TU.....Luis Miguel (for Neil and Genna Davis from  Speechless)
 SISTER CHRISTIAN.....Night Ranger (My choice as greatest  rock record ever!)
 TALKING TO THE MOON.....Don Henley
 YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL.....James Blunt
 YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS YOUNG.....Roy Clark 
 OVERKILL.....Men At Work
 THE WAY IT IS.....Bruce Hornsby
 EVERYTIME YOU GO AWAY.....Paul Young
 SUMMER OF 69.....Bryan Adams
 BETTY DAVIS EYES.....Kim Carnes
 ROLL ME AWAY.....Bob Seger
 CARIBBEAN QUEEN.....Billy Ocean
 A THOUSAND KISSES DEEP.....Leonard Cohen (for Jackie)

   Had fun playing these...and thanks for listening!


  stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment