Thursday, December 4, 2014

One of life's MOST embarrassing moments...ALMOST!





       No long line at the big post office in Coral 
Springs, Fl. Surprised me.
I had a package of cassette airchecks for John Baker of the Neil Rogers.org
I breezed in and out in about ten minutes 
Also..I wonder if you’ve noticed....not much in the way of Christmas decorations yet. It’s still about 12 days..so we’ll see.
--------------------------
Forgot to check the mail after my long, very long bus ride all over the place here.
So late last night...about 11pm I headed out to do that.
As I walked on the sidewalk near the water...guess what was just standing (or sitting) a few feet away.  That’s right...a big Whistle Duck.
I stopped..never had been this close...I could reach out and almost touch him (or her).  I very quietly talked to him mentioning his name...Whistle Duck.
       He still failed to move...so I moved on with a “see ya later” goodbye.  When I returned with my mail...he was gone.
--------------------
Here’s one I like to tell on myself!
I had a late night plane to catch at Chicago’s O'Hare airport but the flight was delayed and it was dead around there for O'Hare!
I decided to hit the little boys room since I had nothing else to do for a hour and I walked into one of the large restrooms and stopped and looked around.  Unusual, no urinals....just a whole bunch of doors and cubicles.
I was foggy or I should have known something was amiss.
I did my thing and washed my hands and exited and as I did a woman entered the restroom.  
Ah ha!  I looked closely and saw a small sign  that said WOMEN....easy to miss.  I got away from that place...embarrassed by the whole thing but thankful no women came it while I was in there! 
Whee.

stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment