Friday, March 27, 2015

We salute you.....wearing THE PIN & some of my NATIONAL all night talk show...heard on 100 stations!



         ....the Gold Star Pin...
I never realized this existed until I saw the tv spot that just “knocks me out” every time.
I am an emotional human being and I wait for the Army officer in full uniform to stop and salute the young man wearing the Gold Pin.
I have tears as I write this.
We have no one in my family who was lost in any war or conflict...my Father served in both world War I and World War II.
My brother-in-law Frank was in the Navy in WW2 and I myself served during the Korean War. 
We all came back home safe and sound.

Here is the official page for you to find out what this is all about:

http://goldstarpins.org/SymbolsofHonor/tabid/93/Default.aspx

_____________________________


  ....For our all news station In Chicago (WNWS) I covered the baseball owners meeting in the loop.  
      I got there a bit early for the press conference and sat next to an older, distinguished gentlemen, and entered into casual conversation until the meeting began.  
       I pulled out a package of Juicy Fruit gum and offered him a stick which he took...thanking me.
      He said “you like this?”  I said yes.
      Later a remark from the floor was made about the Cubs...and someone said  "I think we should ask Mr. Wrigley about that".
      Wouldn't you know it...the man next to me got up and answered the question.
      Yep...P.K. Wrigley himself. Inventor of gum...owner of Wrigley field and the Cubs!
      Glad I didn't have my usual Dentyne! (not his brand)
   --------------------------
And this cute story about my son Chris when he was in his early school years.
He was in an after school class where the kids do stuff while waiting to be picked up by their parents.
Another boy there was one of  Dan Marino’s sons (Dolphins quarterback)
Dan showed up and a few of the boys were asking for his autograph.  He knew Chris by name and said “Chris...don’t you want my autograph?”
Chris replied...”why would I want your autograph...I already know who you are!”
                                                   _________________________

For your listening pleasure....here's a bit of my NATIONAL all night talk show...heard on more than 100 stations across the country.
click and enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/stan-major-radio/independent-network-aircheck

my email:
stanmajor@aol.com

      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment