Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mr. Wrigley and who's Dan Marino?



....For our all news station In Chicago (WNUS) I covered the baseball owners meeting in the loop.  
      I got there a bit early for the press conference and sat next to an older, distinguished gentlemen, and entered into casual conversation until the meeting began.  
       I pulled out a package of Juicy Fruit gum and offered him a stick which he took...thanking me.
      He said “you like this?”  I said yes.
      Later a remark from the floor was made about the Cubs...and someone said  "I think we should ask Mr. Wrigley about that".
      Wouldn't you know it...the man next to me got up and answered the question.
      Yep...P.K. Wrigley himself. Inventor of gum...owner of Wrigley field and the Cubs!
      Glad I didn't have my usual Dentyne! (not his brand)
   --------------------------
And this cute story about my son Chris when he was in his early school years.
He was in an after school class where the kids do stuff while waiting to be picked up by their parents.
Another boy there was one of  Dan Marino’s sons (Dolphins quarterback)
Dan showed up and a few of the boys were asking for his autograph.  He knew Chris by name and said “Chris...don’t you want my autograph?”
Chris replied...”why would I want your autograph...I already know who you are!”

my email:
stanmajor@aol.com

      
     

No comments:

Post a Comment