Thursday, November 27, 2014

Lenny Bruce on trial...and a "knockout" song by Mary Chapin Carpenter...John Doe 24



a song that will "knock your socks off" by Mary Chapin Carpenter...click far below

repost

...About Lenny Bruce.
When I was a DJ...A record promotion guy took me to see Lenny Bruce at the big Chicago club.
I didn’t know what to expect.
There were some plain clothes cops in the “standing room only” area in the back...plus a couple or so uniformed Chicago cops just for HIM to see( I guess).
This was a strange era in our history.
Earlier booze was on trial....now it was “words”.
I can’t really recall if Bruce used four letter words much..I don’t think so.  There wasn’t what one expected...after reading about all his trials and tribulations with authorities during the time.
The line I remember was more eloquent than controversial and spoke for an age of guys beset by girdles and now pantyhose.
He saw a couple of attractive ladies nearby in the audience...took a long pause...just shook his head and ask:  “what’s with you women today?  don’t you ever want to do it just because it feels good!”
Spoken like a true man!


                                                        ---------------------------------------------------------

Attention car dealers in Florida. I want to trade you ads on this blog (seen in 85 countries) for a good used car.
Your ads would be the ONLY advertising on this blog. So if you have a used car on your lot that you won’t miss...send me an email and we’ll talk.  Your shop could become famous around the world!   That includes Russia and China!
I have a 1999 Cougar to trade in if you want it.

stantalks@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------------

Mary Chapin Carpenter...JOHN DOE 24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH9-EVGR3VQ

No comments:

Post a Comment