Sunday, April 6, 2014

omg...which wine?




so what wine to get?


I’m not rich and I have to buy wine selectively and so do you...probably.
I see ladies in the supermarket wine aisle...looking mystified at various bottles and if that’s you here’s some help.

I’m no expert but for good white wine I recommend an inexpensive Sauvignon Blanc...which when chilled in the frig tastes about as good as you can get regardless of price.  i.e. SB is always good whether you pay $3.00 a small bottle Oak Leaf (Walmart) or $12-15 dollars liquor stores or supermarkets.  Another of my favorite whites is hard to find but worth the effort...Chenin Blanc...maybe for more festive occasions.
The  hot white now is Pinot Grigio which you can also get from Oak Leaf(California) at Walmart for under $3.00 a bottle.
For reds the good ole standby can't be beat...Cabernet Sauvignon is still very popular...and I personally like it chilled just a bit but don’t tell anybody.  I usually just pour a glass and stick it in the frig about ten minutes and it tastes really fine but you don’t need to do that.
The other red that is a bit stronger in taste but really good is Merlot.
All of these wines (except Chenin Blanc) can be had at Walmart from Oak Leaf Vineyards California for under $3.00 a bottle.
Enjoy!


stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment