Sunday, April 13, 2014

the gum guy and 2 selena's

2 selena's??? how'd they do that?




The gum guy...

      For our all news station In Chicago (WNWS) I covered the baseball owners meeting in the loop.  
Got there a bit early for the press conference and sat next to an older, distinguished gentlemen, and entered into casual conversation until the meeting began.  
I pulled out a package of Juicy Fruit gum and offered him a stick which he took...thanking me.
He said “you like this?”  I said yes.
Later a remark from the floor was made about the Cubs...and someone said    "I think we should ask Mr. Wrigley about that".
Wouldn't you know it...the man next to me got up and answered the question.
Yep...P.K. Wrigley himself. Inventor of gum...owner of Wrigley field and the Cubs!
Glad I didn't have my usual Dentyne! (not his brand)
--------------------------

I watched Monte Carlo again last night...and discovered something really interesting that I had missed.  I missed it because it was done so well by Hollywood.
As you may know Selena Gomez plays two parts...the part of pouty little Grace who with her two girl friends was taking a tour bus and lost it in Paris. She also plays the wonderful part of the snippy bitch heiress Cordeila (which I love).
In the Monte Carlo hotel suite the two girls come face to face. This is done so well...with both girls in the shots that I didn’t even realize what they had to do to make this stuff gel.  What ever it was...it worked.  and it’s not the usual cutaway shots of each...it is BOTH CHARACTERS SEEN ON SCREEN AT THE SAME TIME.  If you experts can figure it out please let me know.  It’s VERY impressive. (see pic above)

stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment