Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hand guns....Cuba...and Judges




...I was at the supermarket...about to check the prices on that wine I wrote about a couple of days back when I noticed on the magazine racks...a proliferation of Gun magazines.  I counted EIGHT different mags...all with cover stories on handguns.
   So...happy holidays!
--------------------------

I guess you all expect me to make some comment about Cuba....since I live a short boat ride way from Havana.  Just looks to me like we were ready to do that for years...but Cuba was waiting for Castro to croak.  I guess they gave up on that...figuring he is so bad off now he probably has no idea what they are doing.
I’d kinda like to see the place.  I’ve talked about it since the revolution and through the Bay of Pigs...etc  but never got closer than Key West.  
Also it would be nice to finally get a viewer of this blog from Cuba.  Haven’t had a new nation for some time.
--------------------------
Here’s Obama’s real legecy and it’s scary.

OBAMA’S JUDICIAL LEGACY                                                                               “If there's one thing from 2014 that will define President Barack Obama's legacy after he's left the White House, it's the number of lifetime judges he put on the federal bench. In its final act of the year, the Senate blew through a dozen U.S. district court nominees on Tuesday night.                                                                                                   That puts Obama at a whopping 89 district court and circuit court confirmations for the year, and means he'll wrap up his sixth year in office with a grand total of 305 district court and circuit court confirmations -- a tally that puts him well beyond where his predecessors were by this point in their presidencies.”
huff post

stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment