Wednesday, July 16, 2014

is anyone there?




GRAVITY...THE FOLLOW UP!

The first time I watched Gravity (DVD in my home) I WAS impressed and you can see my post on it early by using the “search” window on this blog.
I was set to return it to the library in a few days...and decided I watch it again.
I’m sure glad  did.
This time around for some reason...although I was effected by it the first time...and hesitant in going for it again,  this second time, I was absolutely blown away by it all.  Especially Sandra Bullock.   You know I’ve loved her for years anyway.  But this was a different Sandra...and she and director Cuaron didn’t give you much chance to breath in certain parts.
I guess what I’m trying to say is this film...a one of a kind...is simply put INCREDIBLE and that’s in almost every aspect of filming.
I’ve been an extra in two films...I’ve watched, in person, director Michael Bay blow cars up in Bad Boys 2...and Norman Jewison and Sly Stallone make Jimmy Hoffa look like a good guy in F.I.S.T. but I can not imagine how a director and actress could make such an intensely incredible motion picture....which for a lot of the time takes your breath away.  
   All aspects including the fantastic music and very, very special effects just blend together to force that on you.
That’s all I can say.
It’s been 30 minutes and I’m still shaking from it all.
One critic called Gravity “A Bracing Masterpiece” and I agree.

my email:
stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment