Saturday, July 5, 2014

Steak & Shake weekend!



Nathan's Fries!






...some Holiday weekend goodies! (repost)

  My son sent me a Steak & Shake gift card for Fathers day with a lovely card and great thoughts.  We go way back with S & S...when he was a tiny lad, his sis and bro and Mom and I would go on trips to the mountains and always look for Steak and Shake for our nourishment.  
  ...So my nearest S & S is located close to the huge Sawgrass Mills Mall...you know the one...they claim more visitors walk their floors per year than Disneyworld.  I don’t believe that but...who’s counting.
     Today may not have been a good day to do some “malling” as it was extra crowded with last minute buying for Dads.  Despite that...however...for the first time at this huge and lucrative mall..one of the largest in the entire world...it seemed to be “stumbling” a bit.  Neither Brands Mart (tv-electronics for the Latin folks) nor the Super Dooper Target had full parking lots!
     Inside the mall several stores were claiming “opening soon”...including, surprise...the one and only “Apple”.  I may be naive about computers but has Apple ever had a store in the mall before?  
     I don’t much like Steak & Shake’s skinny french fries so I took advantage of Nathan's in the mall.  Nathan’s of course is famous for East Coast hot dogs...but the fries are great!
     

all in all it WAS a...Happy Father’s Day!

P.S.  Revealed for the first time.  After I came down to Miami to work with my friend Neil Rogers...we looked into the possibility of franchising a Steak & Shake here...in Plantation.  Seems the chain was in the midst of being sold so we didn't proceed. 

click here for Steak & Shake




my email:
stanmajor@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment