Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sandra and Chicago...what could be better.





The Lake House...re-visited

I like this movie primarily for two reasons...
Sandra Bullock and Chicago!  
Otherwise...it’s just an interesting story...better than the usual Hollywood crap and the plot is not to be taken that seriously.  It’s just a movie...don’t try to analyze it...just enjoy it.
If you do care about the why’s and wherefore’s go to the IMDB message board and play the game of trying to figure out what the hell is going on here.     There is one person on the message board who claims to have all the answers....but I can’t confirm that as I’m not that interested.
I did want to see the later part again to see if Wyler’s “un-death” at Daley Plaza could cause a “paradox” but since neither Kate (Sandra) or Wyler have kids...nothing seems to have been earth shaking from the change in history.
Again...Sandra is so hot in this film without even trying and my letterbox version with my favorite scenes of the Windy make it worth my time.
I’ll leave the rest to you.
Enjoy.
Oh...there is a scene set on a softball field in a park with the Chicago skyline VERY visible and beautiful.  I played a game there once...with the NBC guys from channel 5....so that certainly got my attention.  The whole flick is beautifully filmed...much better than car crashes and gun shots which are usually the main feature in any movie filmed in Chicago.

Next:  The Mothman Prophecies (talk about weird!)

stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment