Tuesday, May 13, 2014

THE BLITZ WAS VERY LOUD!

abandoned in blitz

        When my son, Chris, was about five...he had a dream about the “blitz”.  
  That’s correct...the long ago blitz when Hitler’s bombers were dropping all those bombs on London.
        Chris woke up from the bad dream saying “the blitz was very loud”.
       We questioned him later in the day...
      “Do you know what the blitz was...what that meant?”
      “No”. was his answer.
       To our knowledge he never heard the word before...or never saw my favorite mini series: “Winds of War”
      So...in an earlier life did he go through that?
     Think about that.
------------------------

    While in the Army in Germany...and at AFN Frankfurt...I took a few days R&R and caught the train to Denmark to see the sights.
      On the train there were hundreds and hundreds of Danish school girls.  The only place to sit was in the midst of about half a dozen girls in each compartment. For a time I enjoyed it...but then I soon realized that about every 4th or 5th word in Danish was actually English and after listening to this for about half an hour I was basically going nuts.  I had to leave the girls and stand outside.
      You know how the say a glass of milk in Danish?
      “A glass milk” 
      I think.

my email:
stanmajor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment