Saturday, May 10, 2014

"killing" 'em in heaven too!




...the ghost of bob Hope awoke me in the middle of the night last night.

“Stan...how are you.  Haven’t seen you since Vietnam...1969...Cu Chi...right?”
“Hello Bob...you put on a great show!”

“Lots of troops to entertain up here...we have a great show...Marilyn is with us...and Rosemary sings...Harry James plays....and about halfway thru the shows a special guest walks in to thrill everyone...my old hoofing partner Bing Crosby!  And sometimes Frank drops by.”

“That’s wonderful Bob..I’ll tell Nick Clooney about Rosemary...he’ll be delighted! His son’s the biggest star on the planet you know.”

“I know!”
“Well..more shows to do...
...you did a good job for NBC News in Nam...I enjoyed our short walk thru that hospital at Cu Chi to cheer the boys up!”

....and with that...he slipped away into the night.
I smiled and went back to sleep.

the Bob Hope interview and hospital visit in Cu Chi is about the 3rd or 4th story here...click below & hang with it:


stanmajor@aol.com








No comments:

Post a Comment